Welcome, please take a read here before moving on.

Hello and welcome. It doesn't matter if you know me or not, my stories and photos are for you to enjoy. They are (and will be) a collection of events in my life which i feel i want to share with everyone.

One important aspect you must remember in my blog are the labels. Browsing by the labels, i believe, will let you read more of what you want. Most will be direct enough however, there are some that will be for example "to my kids". These are the stories i want to share especially with my beloved "kids". They may be also specifically directed to a individual among the group (but i will never mention who for privacy's sake). Nonetheless, feel free to read them also. Nothing i write here cannot be shared.

The last thing is, among the photos and stories here, feel free to take them for personal use or share them also among your own friends and family. But on your own honour, i trust that you WILL NOT COMMERCIALLY REPRODUCE any material (photos, videos, stories etc.). I share these for free with no intention what so ever to make money out of them but just hoping it will expand one's horizon and be an inspiration to others. I hope that you too can respect my decision and belief and follow suite.

Thank you & enjoy =D

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Leaving...

Of late i realized something really interesting about myself - i've been putting off writing my blog for a long time adi... The last time i wrote was, well, before i left Brisbane. Now, i'm writing again. This time, will be before i go back to Brisbane.

Actually, throughout these few months, i have composed a few posts, just that i have never gotten around to finish writing them. The reason? Mood swings XD

But yala, throughout these few months i have been having a lot of ups and downs (please don't ask, don't really feel like talking about them). Currently my mood has reached the stage where i don't want to go back to Brisbane.... That is a long story la, to make it simple, let's just say being away then coming back made me realize i treasured a lot of things here and that the moment i go back to Aussie, i lose a lot of these things....

For a friend, yes you were right. I really really did enjoy myself back here in Malaysia. At the very least, i was distracted a lot by my darlings and friends a like. Sometimes i wonder, is it because i went overseas that i having a lot of attention from all my friends? Or is it just because i'm having a bout of really good jodoh this year? Haha... Either way, i'm not complaining. It's been a wonderful holiday for me (albeit the boredom of sitting alone at home doing nothing la...)

Friends are a wonderful thing. Somehow, they just have a knack of showing up at the right time and making problems miraculously disappear (for the moment at least) or just provide you with a dose of "healthy" distraction....

Most importantly, friends help you without they themselves or even you realizing it. It's a kind of abstract thing, not something you can grasp immediately after you read this or if that light bulb of inspiration flashes in your head. Speaking on this... Can i ask for a moment of silence for a friend, Yun Chi that passed away on the 5th of February...

...
...
...
...
...

Thank you

Like i was saying, she is a good example of this. Her passing, i believe has brought good a lot of people she once knew. Her passing was quite a sudden news to many of us, it just reflected on the fragility of life as we know it. At least for me, it made me realize that somethings are just unexpected. I'm sure many people have at some point in their lives, contemplated the fact "what would happen if suddenly my friend or a family member dies? Hmm..."

Contemplating and trying to prepare yourself mentally is one thing, when it actually happens, it is a totally different story all together... I admit, i'm not really very close to Yun Chi, but she is the first of my friends that has actually left us, forever... Her spirit may still be close to us, but she will always be an ethereal presence from now on... (haih...)

After paying my last respects, i was very angry for a moment. At myself. Why? I realized that i am a man surrounded by a lot of friends and i really mean A LOT. Yes, many of them i could say are casual acquaintances, some slightly better friends. Then of coz there are my darlings, beloveds and kids. And to think with so many people around me, i always complain i'm lonely. Worst still, i don't even bother keep in touch with many of these people. Only saying hi when i meet them and then have a few short sentences of a conversation and that's it.

As the anger slowly simmered off, sadness took it's place. It is very true the saying, "You may be best friends this year, very good friends the next year, close friends the following, and just acquaintances after that." When i look back, i do hold a lot of regrets, some of my once best friends when i see them today all i can bring out of me to say is just "hello" or "how have you been lately?" I do blame myself, but i also do realize that we just cannot have time for everybody as much as we try, as much as we want to...

Sad isn't it?

Lai Jian Wei
2.36pm
15 February 2009

3 comments:

P|nG's DiArY said...

hmm..i really miss her..!!the only comment after i read this post...hmmm

Anonymous said...

Hey...I know how u feel la...
My Brandy also passed away last CNY...
I thought staying in Sabah would be fun and I did have lots of fun...
But when I heard tat my girl flew up to the skies,
I started to think about others too...

Haiz...Life la, my dear friend... :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey...I know how u feel la...
My Brandy also passed away last CNY...
I thought staying in Sabah would be fun and I did have lots of fun...
But when I heard tat my girl flew up to the skies,
I started to think about others too...

Haiz...Life la, my dear friend... :-)

Chan Loong...