Welcome, please take a read here before moving on.

Hello and welcome. It doesn't matter if you know me or not, my stories and photos are for you to enjoy. They are (and will be) a collection of events in my life which i feel i want to share with everyone.

One important aspect you must remember in my blog are the labels. Browsing by the labels, i believe, will let you read more of what you want. Most will be direct enough however, there are some that will be for example "to my kids". These are the stories i want to share especially with my beloved "kids". They may be also specifically directed to a individual among the group (but i will never mention who for privacy's sake). Nonetheless, feel free to read them also. Nothing i write here cannot be shared.

The last thing is, among the photos and stories here, feel free to take them for personal use or share them also among your own friends and family. But on your own honour, i trust that you WILL NOT COMMERCIALLY REPRODUCE any material (photos, videos, stories etc.). I share these for free with no intention what so ever to make money out of them but just hoping it will expand one's horizon and be an inspiration to others. I hope that you too can respect my decision and belief and follow suite.

Thank you & enjoy =D

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My form 6 life (Part I : People i met)

This is the story about my form 6 life. I must mention before hand here, that what i write may offend certain people. I will stress that sometimes this is fact and what i can see from my perspective. Whether you want to accept it or not, it's up to you. Also do remember I'm not out to bad mouth anyone or anything, I'm just telling the story from my point of view.

On May 15 2006, i took my first step into this new school where i would be spending the next one and a half years doing my form 6. Before this, i was in a dilemma on where go for my for six, whether i should do it in a public secondary school or a private college.

I have had plenty of warnings and advice from my seniors from coming to this public school. The school despite having a reputation of being one of the premier schools in Malaysia, had a lousy faculty (generally speaking with exceptions) and many problems such as discrimination and bullying among the student body.

Yet i choose to come here and also stay. Why? One reason i must admit was for the name of the school. The other reason is because I have been instilled with the belief that anyone can succeed anywhere with the right amount dedication and hard work.

When i arrived, i had only one of my darlings with me. He too was not one of those i was especially close with. Nonetheless, he proved a great source of comfort, friendship and support throughout my choppy life there. For this I am extremely grateful to him, and because of all that we had to go through together in this school, we subsequently became very close (please stop your dirty thought NOW, thank you).

In my form 6 was the first time i had to chance to interact with people from so many various backgrounds - different schools, different family upbringings, different community background. In a way it helped me expand my horizon greatly. Here i must mention a lovely young lady from my class. Her openness initially left me extremely shocked, which led me to think she would be those wild type of girls and.... You get the idea. Yet as time went by, i came to greatly respect her. She was an extremely friendly girl, she would make friends with you without prejudice and most importantly was her sincerity even in those short moments she came and said "Hi".

She was the first person that truly thought me that we should never judge someone from what we can see. Even after we graduated, the fact that she still took the time to care about us, left me hanging my head in shame.

I also met another person who shared as much passion as me for the world around us. I really salute him. Like me, he decided to break free from convention and follow his heart and dreams. He went and took up a degree in forestry in the university in Sabah. In Malaysia, courses such as forestry, environmental science etc are considered cold courses. Courses that are left only for those with mediocre results, those who just want to waste their time and those that have no other choice in degrees to pursue.

Yet, he took up this course with passion. When people criticized him, he just took it in his stride and stuck with his guns. He's now there, preparing to go (or already gone) for a field research in Tenom, Sabah. He too, became one of my very good friends within this short time. He to me is an excellent role model. The most important trait being have to courage to pursue one's dreams despite the stigma from the people around him. Extremely responsible and friendly, he too, like the lady mentioned earlier, had no prejudice when it came to making friends.

I must admit, for my class in form 6, most individuals in my opinion are very materialistic. A lot of them become extremely selfish when the time arises. I always wonder is it just that I myself am very naive in thinking that everyone is this world should act so and so then we can all live in peace and happiness? I don't know. But studying in this school has truly shown me how harsh society can get.

From where i come from for my last 5 years of secondary school study, we never had such serious problems of backstabbing, boycotting. No matter who lousy our teachers were back then, we always showed a minimum amount of respect towards them. Here, if the students don't a teacher, they can total ignore his/her existence. But when the time comes and the teacher's help is required, they got back and start licking the teacher's boot madly.

Then there is teacher which will be forever burned into my mind. As of my 19years and 7months of life, i have never met a teacher as irresponsible as him. Have you ever met a teacher that goes, "i didn't have my breakfast today, i can't teach, will you please study on your own". He too was also the teacher advisor for my society. If we, the committee did anything successfully, he would immediately take credit for it saying that it was his idea and without his help we could never had done it. If something screws up, he will blame us for not asking his opinion before making a decision. If the things screws up because of his advice, he will immediately deny any involvement and say he never said anything of such a nature.

I always wonder, how do people like my teacher above sleep at night. How do they answer to their conscience? How? If it's me and i do something small, i will already have a hard time sleeping and just having that dreaded feeling that it will come back around to me....

Another thing that always lingers on my mind is "am i crazy? is something wrong with me?" The reason is due to my kids. To clarify this once and for all, my kids are the collective term i use for my scout juniors. The main reason i call them my kids is because they act like a bunch of them (crap, I'm gonna get beaten up once i get back to Malaysia) and because usually it's my responsibility to teach them and get them to behave.

Anyway, coming back, i used to think i was crazy because i would get so concerned and worried over them. Then i met this guy. He too had a bunch of "kids" (he called his juniors). Like me he was just as passionate about them as me (not as caring though). Among his juniors, he commanded respect and awe. In contrast to me i think i mostly projected an image of being a nice big brother which resulted in more often than not my kids scrambling all over my head. =S

Don't get me wrong, we both enjoyed how own respective groups treated us. What I'm trying to say is, for both me and him, these are people who much of our lives are centered around. And to people out there, it just shows I'm not alone and certainly not fully crazy (partly maybe XD).

Of cause i met more people in the one and half years there. These are the few along with their traits that have left a strong impression on me. Everyone i meet leaves a strong impression on me, but sadly, i can never finish telling you'll about them One, because I'm lazy. Two, also cause it's not practical to write out everyone cause you won't want to read it.

In the mean time this is just one part of the story. There are a few more parts, which i will write about later. Then also from this story comes one very important thing which you will find out in due time.

11 comments:

P|nG's DiArY said...

i really respect u !!~honestly...i dun think that most of us will dare to write out about how we feel..especially when think that we may offend others's feeling...
mayb u will give others a very bad image ...which is very emotional or something else..(u knew it)...but i m sure that u ady gain something valuable which is friendship..if i m not mistaken...the gal n guy that u had mentioned wonuld b li xian n shea n kuo liang...:)
oops...i wonder who is that teacher u mentioned ...if i didnt read this post...i would never know that there will b a such irresposible teacher...but instead of remember "him"..i m sure u would always have a teacher in ur heart that really carin ..who knows ??

EceKissJoel said...

i can roughly guess who you were talking about..
but 1Q..who is the guy who take degree forestry in UMS...from U6BM too?...
most individuals are materialistic ...tht's what the society looks like today...=p
be prepared..

Jian Wei said...

Of cause from U6BM la.... Haha... Sure you know him. Oh, and for the girl, ah piang guess wrongly jor~~

P|nG's DiArY said...

huh...not li xian meh??then who o...dun tell me is "moimoi" a??

EceKissJoel said...

haha..ya..she guessed wrongly..she is our class most humorous girl i would say..but dun say ppl's name lar...nanti someone will get hurt geh le...

the guy...hmmm...i remember now...someone told me..i think..Shea is it?...he is taking forestry?

Jian Wei said...

Yup, he so yeng man, apply and do forestry. I but pui fuk him la.

Wei, dun keep guessing like this la... Then i purposely dowan write the names out de tolong... Shea still can write out la...

EceKissJoel said...

=P
wow...Shea...salute man!!
btw...he got facebook or email add ar? i wanna keep in touch with him...

Jian Wei said...

Don't think so. Last i heard he also got problem accessing internet, so his IM also no use. -.-"

EceKissJoel said...

aww...
eh..you were offered UMS as well right?...waa...3 of us same uni..but we are in 3 different parts of the world now..sure will have a lot of fun with you guys there...haiz...yau yun mou fun

Jian Wei said...

Lol... What to do? Destiny is like that...
But each of us go some where, then when we meet back we can exchange stories ma... That way our horizons will also broaden.

Haha, in Ireland you'll also have fun de. So will Shea in Sabah. Me ah... Still hoping... XD

EceKissJoel said...

=P...hope so... :D