Welcome, please take a read here before moving on.

Hello and welcome. It doesn't matter if you know me or not, my stories and photos are for you to enjoy. They are (and will be) a collection of events in my life which i feel i want to share with everyone.

One important aspect you must remember in my blog are the labels. Browsing by the labels, i believe, will let you read more of what you want. Most will be direct enough however, there are some that will be for example "to my kids". These are the stories i want to share especially with my beloved "kids". They may be also specifically directed to a individual among the group (but i will never mention who for privacy's sake). Nonetheless, feel free to read them also. Nothing i write here cannot be shared.

The last thing is, among the photos and stories here, feel free to take them for personal use or share them also among your own friends and family. But on your own honour, i trust that you WILL NOT COMMERCIALLY REPRODUCE any material (photos, videos, stories etc.). I share these for free with no intention what so ever to make money out of them but just hoping it will expand one's horizon and be an inspiration to others. I hope that you too can respect my decision and belief and follow suite.

Thank you & enjoy =D

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Of cold clammy hands, Jian LAI & shared toilets

The first day in Australia, and it had to be the coldest....

Well, according to the locals, today has been the coldest day of winter in Brisbane yet. This to me, is relief~~ Now I'm pretty sure I'll be able to handle most of the weather that is thrown at me.

Don't get me wrong, it's is still D*** cold, just now as i was walking to dinner, i was so cold that when i got in to the canteen, my hands were shivering so badly that you could see the tea cup i was holding wobbling and drops of teh falling out... Brr....

Despite that, i find the weather pleasing. There's quite a bit of sunshine and it just brings out the adventurous spirit within oneself. I spend most of my time between lunch and dinner just exploring around campus.

The first thing you notice are... Ooo~~ Pretty flowers~~ Ooo~~ Lots of trees~~ Yup, i can say the campus is actually much more beautiful than i imagined. The whole place is just bursting with nature. The next thing you see are all the pretty and colourful birds flying round the place. The best part is, they're not even scared of you. They're big, pigeon or crow sized, and they land just less that an arm length to you...

Yes i know, where are the pictures. I got lazy, lets put it this way. I was busy admiring the surroundings myself that just didn't feel like taking pictures.

Oh, and my new name is Jian LAI. Well, at least that's what written on my student card. Sometimes i just don't understand those ang mo kia, can't they put in the middle name also?? =.= It's not just me too, there was another girl who also had a mistake with her ID card, her name on the card wasn't even a legal name, just a preferred name... Kesian those people at the student administration, they have to go and edit the data all over again.

Anyone heard of communal toilets? Toilets that are shared? Sure you have, most probably you might have even used one before. But have you ever been into a communal one that is shared? Yes, i see the repetition there also. This second share however, is with members of the opposite sex.

The latrines (the place where you bang sai) have wall that don't block all the way up or down. If you jump lightly or bend down... Well... You might get lucky la, lets just put it. The showers are slightly better though. The have a curtain there, but most of the showers have the curtain missing... So... heh heh... Need i say more?

I'll just say, it was a very uneasy experience. I had a VERY STRONG motivation before i used the latrines (and i mean really strong pushing, pressuring sensation) and i finished up as fast as possible... And the shower was probably one of the quickest in my life.

That's all la for now, still plenty of stories, won't finish writing them all tonight. I'm gonna leave them for another day.

3 comments:

EceKissJoel said...

waa...your nose got bleeding onot?...haha...
and when you take shower...guys and girls share the same shower room as well?...har...nice experience eh..haha...can hamsap ppl...lol...

Jian Wei said...

Just for the record and anyone else that will be reading my blog, I DID NOT PEEP AND I DO NOT INTEND TO =)

EceKissJoel said...

lol