Welcome, please take a read here before moving on.

Hello and welcome. It doesn't matter if you know me or not, my stories and photos are for you to enjoy. They are (and will be) a collection of events in my life which i feel i want to share with everyone.

One important aspect you must remember in my blog are the labels. Browsing by the labels, i believe, will let you read more of what you want. Most will be direct enough however, there are some that will be for example "to my kids". These are the stories i want to share especially with my beloved "kids". They may be also specifically directed to a individual among the group (but i will never mention who for privacy's sake). Nonetheless, feel free to read them also. Nothing i write here cannot be shared.

The last thing is, among the photos and stories here, feel free to take them for personal use or share them also among your own friends and family. But on your own honour, i trust that you WILL NOT COMMERCIALLY REPRODUCE any material (photos, videos, stories etc.). I share these for free with no intention what so ever to make money out of them but just hoping it will expand one's horizon and be an inspiration to others. I hope that you too can respect my decision and belief and follow suite.

Thank you & enjoy =D

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Yes, yes. I know, here they are.

What do i know?
I know you want photos. =P
There are not many. I only picked the better ones. Another reason is because all the times i saw good stuff, i didn't have the camera with me T.T and the phone's camera ain't good enough quality to capture the photos... This is something you hear every evening. It goes "eeee ooooohhhh aaaahhhhhh" and it is LOUD. The bird is no where in the vicinity but you can still hear it's cry. Very creepy to hear it's cry, it sounds something like a cross between a madman and a monkey. It's a kookaburra. I don't know why, but i have a liking for this bird.

Well these i don't know what their names are. They are actually a resident flock of ducks living in the lake on campus. (Yes, we have a lake on campus, how cool is that??) There's a photo of the lake later. This particular flock, because i have been going to the lake every evening, have seem to get rather used to me. I took this photo pretty up close.
Here's another bird. It spends it's time eating all those cute little fishies in the lake =(
Now this, is just... This is a turkey ( i think) and guess what? It just walks around campus like it owns it =.= This was taken by my phone and uh, the bird was right smack in front of my face.
This is a "jagung" like plant found around the campus. Haven't researched the name yet either. But they look extremely beautiful. This was one of the few that those little purple ends on the hairs.
Ooo... And this is a photo of the lake at the campus. I have a panorama shot of the lake but i don't know how to upload it, haih.... Of all the single shots of the lake i have, this is the best i suppose. I'll get a better one and upload it in the future.
Deng deng~~ Sunset from the top of my residential college... I purposely underexposed the photo a bit to bring out the energy in the shot.
This is a shot of the Brisbane skyline, taken from the top of the hill of the University campus (I'll do a post on the university later. I'll explain and tell more about the university then.)
Nothing to say, I just like this photo la....

Lastly, a shot of the area of the residential colleges in this particular campus. Also where I'm temporary putting up until i move into my permanent residence.

Before i get more photos. I'll tell you'll a bit more on the surroundings and the bird life in this area.

Well, one of the more delightful birds in this area are know as the Rainbow Lorikeets (why do i know the name? Because i got a brochure about the surrounding forest reserve). They are well, like a name states, rainbow in colour (very colourful actually). The look like a parakeet and about the same size.

Next are the crows in this area. Of cause there are your standard black in colour ones. FYI they are about the size or maybe bigger than those kampung chicken you see. Then there are the black and white variety. Not as common as their black counterparts and also about a quarter the size smaller. I'm not sure about the black-white types, but the standard black ones have a caw that is ear piercing. I was talking to my mother over the phone and she could hear it caw clearly.

Very common also are the yellow-faced honeyeaters. They fly around in pairs and are the hardest to photograph. All the birds are plentiful here, it's just that my camera can't zoom enough to catch good photos of them T.T These are the times i wish i had a DSLR instead....

My university campus itself is in the heart of a forest reserve. The forest reserve is a good representation of how the forest that once covered Brisbane looks like. The grass trees here (damn, i forgot to take photos of it) are quite an interesting sight.

Oh, and the other day (last Friday to be exact). I saw a koala bear!!! Where? In the heart of the campus. I was EXTREMELY lucky as they are supposedly very very rare in this area. I couldn't a photo of cause i was in the bus at that time. Thanks a lot to the bus driver, as he stopped by the road side for a moment for us catch a glimpse of the animal. The one i saw was brownish and sleeping (-.-").... Oh well, better than not seeing one at all.

That's all for now. Enjoy the photos, I'll upload more once I've shot more. =P

3 comments:

Jian Wei said...

Oh, by the way, i know what those jagung like plants are called. They are called Banksias.

EceKissJoel said...

wow...i like the sunset pic...nice..=p

P|nG's DiArY said...

yierr..wei..try n get the photo of koala bear..!!is so cute man!!!n i like the photo of the bird ..erm..what's the bird name ady a..let me read back ur blog first...ohya ..i get it!!is kookaburra.....
wow..so many animal u can c n get photo .how good is it!!~