Welcome, please take a read here before moving on.

Hello and welcome. It doesn't matter if you know me or not, my stories and photos are for you to enjoy. They are (and will be) a collection of events in my life which i feel i want to share with everyone.

One important aspect you must remember in my blog are the labels. Browsing by the labels, i believe, will let you read more of what you want. Most will be direct enough however, there are some that will be for example "to my kids". These are the stories i want to share especially with my beloved "kids". They may be also specifically directed to a individual among the group (but i will never mention who for privacy's sake). Nonetheless, feel free to read them also. Nothing i write here cannot be shared.

The last thing is, among the photos and stories here, feel free to take them for personal use or share them also among your own friends and family. But on your own honour, i trust that you WILL NOT COMMERCIALLY REPRODUCE any material (photos, videos, stories etc.). I share these for free with no intention what so ever to make money out of them but just hoping it will expand one's horizon and be an inspiration to others. I hope that you too can respect my decision and belief and follow suite.

Thank you & enjoy =D

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A new world, A new life

Hmm... First post in this blog, but it is also most likely the last post I make in Malaysia for quite some time.
In less than 48 hours, I'll be boarding a flight off to Brisbane. Why? Going there for my tertiary education.

These last two weeks for me have been hectic and fun for me. Packing, shopping, meeting up with old friends...

Been having quite a few sleepless nights due to all the thinking, trying to come to terms with the loneliness, the things i had to put down...

But for now accompanying me on this new journey of mine are...
- Lots and lots of photos from my farewells. (my kids, my darlings, my friends, old schoolmates, classmates, family....)
- My new laptop! (beautiful beautiful VAIO~~) XD
- PAWNING camera (Canon G9)
- Ipod Nano. (Gift from my brother, badly scratched though >.<)
- My trusted Nokia 6260 (please don't die, i love you very much), although i might decide to get another phone before i go
- Lotsa medicine... (For people that don't understand why, i'm pretty lazy to explain =P)
- My clothes (duh~~), there's a SMKBBSP shirt (SMKBBSP Cemerlang Gemilang!!), all the shirts i received as gifts, limited edition ones as well as normal ones.
- A Jalur Gemilang (O.o haven't packed this in yet, still thinking if i will just pack a small one or a big one along with it)
- Trusty old Tupperware, water tumbler and chopsticks
- And of cause... All the wishes from everyone ;)

Many people say I'm lucky, i agree.
Many people say I'm brave, i also agree.

Of cause I'm lucky, not many people get the chance to go abroad to study, for this I'm extremely grateful to my parents.
Brave though, I'm not that sure actually. To tell the truth, i have many worries on my mind. Most which i will share as i continue down this path of mine.

On this post however, i must make this special effort to these few people :
  1. The first is Wai Yen from IDP Subang Jaya, for all the effort and care in helping me with all the arrangements for my studies in Australia. Thank you very very much, without you i would have had A LOT more trouble in my arrangements
  2. Next is my Granduncle Joseph and Grandaunty Vivienne in Brisbane for taking so much concern towards me as well as providing me with a lot of useful information about Brisbane.
  3. Last of all is my Ah Yee in UK who has been very diligently following my progress in these few months.
Thank you very much for all your time and effort over this rocky period of my life...

Well, i think that's all i want to write for now. For some details of prior to this post, feel free to go here and have a look.

About my University and course, I'll post about them once i have actually experienced it. And well... I'm not sure what to expect honestly, a lot of things playing on my mind.

p/s : To everyone right, take care and all the best. I may be going far far away but that doesn't mean i have forgotten you all or have stopped caring. My Digi number will be brought over with me. Feel free to SMS me (don't worry, you are charged with the normal rates of SMS to Digi) with any problems or email me if you need me. I promise i will respond with, well, my "Jian Wei" type of advice and patience. Haha...

Lai Jian Wei
12.38AM
Tuesday, July 8 2008

2 comments:

EceKissJoel said...

wow..nice blog eh... greenish.......hehe....
i know i have wished so many times liao....but gotta wish u once again...haha.. all the best and take care..
less than 16 hours to go....=)

EceKissJoel said...

just FYI ..ah lui here..haha